Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Croc-wearing Chair Thief...Caught!

When you work in an office you have to understand that there's some sharing involved--no big deal. However, the chair you sit in, the desk you sit at, the phone you use, etc. are yours for as long as you're working with the company, right? This isn't some kind of new rule that I made up, as far as I know.

While I hate to pick on the same guy here all the time (hint: he's one of the croc-wearing offenders), it's unavoidable. He's a rather rotund individual and yesterday his sheer mass managed to break his chair. It's not the first time this has happened. He'll be sitting in it while watching something on Hulu (don't get me started) and you hear this big cracking noise from his area. A few minutes later he's up and pushing the chair around the office in search of a new one to break. Since my friend and co-worker is sometimes out of town to do off-site trainings, he's the favorite victim of the person that we will refer to as Grimace.

The nice thing about working in my particular line is that we have over 70 surveillance cameras up and running all the time...


1. This is either the time when the original chair broke or the TV show he was watching on Hulu was finished or at a commercial break.



2. Time to let someone in HR know that he's broken his chair....no, screw that! Just go take Brian's chair. He's not in the office today and there's no one in his cube area.



3. That was easy. No one was here to see this!



4. Ta-da!!! A brand new chair to use break.

5. I arrive at the scene of the crime, but it's too late. Note that I'm wearing real shoes and so is the other guy.


9 comments:

Jedijson said...

So why not wait until after Grimace has left the building, and then switch the chairs back? It'd be funny.

At least I would think it would be funny...

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

That's the plan, but it hasn't been able to happen yet.

Unknown said...

It's time to plant thumb tacks on Grimace's chair. There's a video clip I'd love to see!

Dorci said...

What I want to know is how you got ahold of those surveillance tapes??

Uvulapie said...

Rex, er, Rog... I wouldn't have noticed the bald spot had you not pointed it out.

Where I work I now have a LOUD TALKER in my "work space" and when he and another LOUD TALKER start discussing something (always non work related) I have to either crank up the headphones or leave the room until they are done.

There's also the guy next to me who clears his throat, I kid you not, on average every 63 seconds. Yes, it may border on OCD but I've timed it numerous times. After a few months of it I asked him about it... it's just a medical condition. ARG! HEADPHONES TO THE RESCUE!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Dorci:

I could tell you the answer to that question, but I'd have to kill you...not really. I work for a company that manufactures something that us used for surveillance. So, we all have access to the video (no tapes--all PC based).

Uvulapie:

Rex has black/gray hair. I look totally different. YOU have gray hair!

Dorci said...

Ah, that's right...21st century and all.

Steve Martin said...

You cannot trust any man that wears crocs.

I'm sorry, but it is a fact.

It's in 2nd Crocathonians 12:4

Unknown said...

Reading the comments is almost as funny as the posts. I know this is an old one, but that last comment from Steve Martin made me LOL. But I have to agree that thumbtacks on his chair would make a GREAT video!