Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Casual Work Attire ABUSERS!

I've been fortunate to have a job and to also have a job where I can dress casually--very casually. In fact, my current employer is probably the most casual workplace I've ever experienced.

Are T-shirts and jeans your thing? They are welcome in our office.
Feel like wearing shorts to work? No problem.
Sandals? You bet.

However, when you give some people an inch, they take a mile...and they take that mile one giant awkward step at a time wearing their unsightly crocs--to work. Eeeeew.


That's an actual image from my place of employment. I work in the security industry, so having cameras recording our every move has become normal and sometimes convenient in cases like this.

One of my daughters owns a pair of crocs (and she's probably reading this--I love you, Bird). But I'll publicly go on record to declare how much I dislike them. However, I support your right as a freedom loving man or woman to wear them--but not at work.

10 comments:

Elephantschild said...

They're only good for work if you're a nurse or a cook.

They are gross for the office - especially on men.

I have a pair; they're my house-shoes, though.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! No crocs or frogs at work. And if you have ugly toe nails, no sandals either!

K.I. said...

I don't even think these are good for nurses though a lot wear them. I was taught in nursing school that you need to wear shoes you can easily run in (for emergencies) and are needle-proof. Aren't crocs full of holes? I've never worn them. They look like evil blister-makers to me. People do seem to love them but I honestly think they are hideous. Darn you Mario Batalli!

Steve Martin said...

For women, ok. (crocs)

Men should be shipped off to France if caught in them.

Mrs Andy said...

No crocs ever, for anyone over 7 years old. The End.

Toni said...

Not a croc fan here either. However, that being said, I think they're FINE for kids. It's when adults wear them that I want to say, "Can I interest you in a pair of Jellies while you're at it?" ;)
Blessings,
~Toni~

Dorci said...

Yep, nothing like phonin' in your footwear. Nothing says I've given up like rubber clogs.

CrossView said...

I popped over from Arby's....
I have to say that grown men wearing Crocs is a huge no-no. Any man who wears them should have his man-card taken away immediately!

jan said...

Crocs work at Moody's. That way all anybody has to do is hose their feet down at the end of the day to rinse off all the dead animal gunk. You should smell the boys' shoes when they get home from work! No, you shouldn't. You'd lose your appetite. So, I'm all for crocs, depending on the job.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've never worn them because (please forgive me for saying this if you like them), I think they're ugly and would make your feet sweat. But Baylee really loves them.