Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Music Reviews for January 22, 2008

I thought I'd expand things a little around here by adding some CD reviews. I'm sure you all care what I think about music, so I've decided to review three CD's that I've been listening to lately.

Well, I'm not really reviewing CDs. In fact these are not real albums at all. They were created using something that I saw on my pal, Tappity's blog the other day.

You create your own band name and album with album cover (or CD--whatever). This is not a "meme" or a "tag" or whatever you folks call it, but I'd love to see what some of you come up with.

Here's how you do it.

1. The first article title on this page is the name of your band.

2. The last four words of the very last quotation on this page is the title of your album. (NOTE: If you do this more than once, you will need to refresh this page to get a new quote.)

3. The third picture on this page, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4. Use your graphics program of choice to throw them together, and post the result. I'm a Photoshop guy, but even your most basic photo editing or graphics program (even the "Paint" program that comes with Windows) can do this. It takes a little work, but it's worth it.

Here are my three CDs...

1. Auchlyne - Supposed To Do Anyway















This band is probably a lot like REM where the lead singer has the nerve to make up the lyrics to the songs after the band has already created the music and then he refuses to print them in the CD covers.

2. Skipper Bowles - ...will never be transcended
















It's the truth. Skipper Bowles will never be transcended. He was just too awesome and if you even try to transcend Skipper Bowles your bones will turn to molten lava and you will die.

3. Tokaidaigaku-mae Station - Find Yourself Up There















This one just came together perfectly. I think I'd buy this CD without knowing anything about the band based purely on the cover. Plus, if that picture is the actual band, they have to be awesome. Look at how many of them there are. I'm guessing that there are at least two people wo do nothing but play the triangle or tambourine.

6 comments:

God said...

Excellent! I knew you'd be into this. I'm thinking of making it a monthly activity. I could seriously sit here at work all day and make these puppies.

Hey, Happy Burnout Paradise Day!

Wani said...

Check out mine! I did mock reviews to go with the covers. It was fun!

Mr. E said...

I guess I'm stupid, I can't figure out how to put the band & album name onto the picture to create the album cover.

Here are the names I cam up with though.

1) Band Name: SETT, Album Name: The Universe Will Be Simpler, (The photo was a barn sitting on a hill during the Winter with snow on it.)

2) Band Name: Bretton's, Album Name: See Their Real Owners, (The photo was a couple of pudding cups with cherries on top)

3) Band Name: Quadratic, Album Name: Jealousy With a Halo (The photo was a ladybug on a glass table top)

I will try to work with photos more at home and see what I can do.

This was fun...When I figure out the photo thing, I will post my "albums" and band reviews on my blog.

scott said...

That was sweet. I'd buy -- well, okay, I'd illegally download -- all three of those.

I'm pretty sure that last band is actually a cowbell choir.

Elephantschild said...

You will NOT believe the FANTABULOSO picture flickr gave me.

WOO-HOO! Appearing soon on a blog near you...

Klushino: And For Nothing More.

Unknown said...

This made quite a sensation. I've visited five blogs within the last couple of days that link to this post and have album covers they created with this. Check out Barb the Evil Genius's.