I don't normally respond to "tags" or "memes". In fact, I'm not exactly sure what a meme is. I think I had a meme one time when I was seven and the doctor removed it for me. However, I was "tagged" by both Scott of Honey, I Fed the Kids and Elisa of My Journey Begins Now! for the same thing on the same day. So, I'm interpreting this as some sort of special revelation. To be precise, Scott tagged me to write "5 Weird Facts about me" and Elisa tagged me for "7 Weird Things About Me." I did the divine math and came up with "57 Weird Fact Things About Me." I don't care about the "rules" of the tag. I just feel like responding to them. However, I DO think it would be interesting to hear from my pal Uvulapie and his wife Uvalapie's Girl. I'd also like to hear from scott at Java Jesus, but his blog may not be the right place to respond.
- I count my steps when I wake up and when I walk down the stairs in the morning. I have no idea why I do this, but I do.
- I am used by many of my friends as a telephone information service. I actually USE my cell phone's handy contact list to keep all of this information which makes it very easy to call people. Instead of emulating this behavior, my friends have chosen to harness it and take advantage of it...and, thus, me.
- I'm a sucker for movies, tv shows and commercials with talking pets--especially dogs.
- I've never been out of the country (i.e. the United States). I've looked at Mexico from the border in Southern California, but I've never stepped foot on foreign soil.
- I've memorized most of the movie Fletch...and Meatballs and Anchorman (which is wrong, I'm sure).
- I make up weird things to say in place of today's more popular colloquialisms. Sure, I slip up every now and then and say the actual word, but I'm much more famous for screaming, "Cats!!!" when someone cuts me off while driving. It just feels good to scream out something. Sometimes the things I say are not even words.
- There are a few people on this planet that "get" me. And I mean, they "get" to hear all of the disturbed things I come up with and they don't disown me. My wife has learned this art very well and then there are probably a handful of others.
- When I was a kid I wanted to be an ornithologist. I even wrote it down on my "Big Dog of the Week" interview from 7th grade.
- There is no # 9.
- When I see myself in a mirror and I'm alone (or think I'm alone) I almost always make a weird face.
- I sometimes sweat like a banshee dog in bed. I'm not even sure what a banshee dog is.
- If I happen to look up at telephone poles passing by while I'm driving or riding in a car, I feel the need to click my teeth or move my toes up and down in between the poles. This makes NO SENSE AT ALL, but I do it. In fact, there were a whole bunch of odd things like this that my in-laws all shared with each other one time at a late-night family card game. I wish I could remember all of them. Even I thought some of them bizarre...and I'm me.
- There are a lot of words that I find funny: robots, monkeys, grannies, cats (see #6), gravy, ninja, to name just a few. When you combine these words to make phrases or sentences, they're even better (e.g. The fighting Ninja Robot Granny Monkey Cats eat gravy to gain their super strength.).
- I was once a stand-in blind date because a friend of mine couldn't make it. I married her. So far, it's been a great date!
15-57. Come up with on your own or just keep reading this blog.