Monday, December 4, 2006

Smoking and Shaving--together at last?

During my morning commute (about a 30 mile drive each way) I noticed a man behind me smoking a cigarette and shaving while driving. Obviously, there are safety issues with this type of activity, but I'm more intrigued with the idea of combining two things that I never had imagined: smoking and shaving,--together at last. I'm not a smoker, but I have been known to shave on occasion. Sometimes I shave at parties or when everyone else is shaving and I can quit anytime I want (really, I can!!!). But to think that I'm missing out on the smoke-shave experience makes me want to run to the nearest "Smokes 4 Less" store (ironically, these stores are always located near or connected to liquor stores, cash advance stores and gun shops). It's the holiday season--the time when companies like Norelco, Braun and Remington unleash the latest in shaving technology--why have they been holding out on the smoke-shave phenomenon? Is the government keeping this a secret? Does the smoke make shaving more pleasurable? Or, is the shaving experience so great that one wishes to smoke upon completing the act?

1 comment:

Miss Sniz said...

In the spirit of preventing youth from "doing" drugs...ahem...I mean to prevent you from "doing" smoke-shaving, no razors for you this Christmas!