Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who Wants Free Money

My company did a sales promotion this year as an incentive to get some of our best dealers to sell more of our product. Basically, they received 5% of every dollar they spent with us towards an American Express card. It was a pretty sweet deal.

You'd think that it would be easy to call people to tell them about their FREE MONEY but that was not the case. We've all been programmed to be so skeptical of everything (and I'm guilty of this, too) that we have no patience for anyone on the phone. Out of the twenty people that I called today, at least half of them had secretaries who told me that the person I wanted to talk to was, "in a meeting," "not available," "busy," "playing solitaire," etc.

Once I finally got them on the phone and they made the connection that they have been out on the streets selling our product and were going to get rewarded for it, they were pretty happy. There's nothing like giving a bunch of money away.

3 comments:

Hunny Bee said...

Where do I sign up?

Unknown said...

Giving away money? Let me send you my address...

Rebekah said...

I want free money! (but I still wont vote for BO)

I have to play that game too, "Im sorry. The Chief is in a meeting. Would you like to leave a voice mail?"

Real people will leave a vm, solicitors wont