Friday, October 31, 2008

Honesty In Politics

I've spent a lot of time lately trying to figure out what the different candidates believe and what they will do should they get elected. Usually you have to dig very deep when you want to find a candidate's position on certain issues. Furthermore, you often get the same old, tired answers to questions or the candidates don't even bother to answer them out of fear.

Democrat Nicholas G. Schmutte is running against Republican incumbent Greg Steuerwald in Indiana's 40th State Representative District (where I live). I managed to find a brief comparison of the two candidates on the Indianapolis Star web site. While this comparison didn't cover many of the issues that I'm interested in, I particularly enjoyed Mr. Schmutte's honesty with regards to three questions:

Endorsements: "My wife"
How much funding have you raised for your campaign?: "Not much."
Who are your top three contributors?: "Me, myself and I"
How refreshingly sincere.

3 comments:

shay said...

i don't envy you all having to make this choice!
I hope you have better voter turn out then we did for our election!

4Me2Know said...

"Not much." Toni shakes head and laughs out loud! Bahahahaha. Gotta love him.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! And I have been reading your blog for a while, but just never commented. I really enjoy reading it!! Have a great day!!