Monday, October 1, 2007

A REAL Church Bulletin Blooper

I'm sure many of you have seen the collection of church bulletin bloopers (i.e. typos) that have been circulating the Internet for years. In case you haven't, here's a quick example of what I'm talking about:

"For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs."

"Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help."

"Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack's sermons."

These bloopers have been floating around so long that it's hard to tell if they are real or not. But yesterday, we had a REAL ZINGER of a blooper in our own church bulletin. I'm not making this one up:

"Continue to pray for John B. John had a tree fall on him a few weeks ago, and his keg was broken in two places."

Of course, we're all heartbroken for John, whose keg was broken. But maybe it was an act of God. It's one thing to keep a few beers in the fridge (only for use in cooking, of course) but having your own keg is another issue.

5 comments:

scott said...

It's really just adding insult to injury when not only does a tree fall on you, but it also breaks your keg.

In two places, nonetheless.

It makes me wonder if he was sitting on his keg for some reason when the tree fell.

Anonymous said...

Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help."

You know, I've seen these before, but this one just makes me laugh every time I read it. The Church is just so very helpful like that.

And poor John B. It's a good thing he has a spare keg so he can still get around.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Unknown said...

I would never make fun of a brother in his hardship. I guess I'm just a better Christian than you.

Uvulapie said...

I once attended a church where the bulletin consistently misspelled a guy's name as BRAIN instead of Brian. Oh, the hilarity!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Whenever I talk to Larry from that old church, he usually reminds me of "Brain Quick". I guess it really annoyed old Brain...I mean Brian.