Today I got a note from Amazon.com with recommendations. I'm sure that this is based partially on the types of things that I've purchased before. But the first one just doesn't jive with the others. Here's the list of products that were recommended for me (I'm listing them in reverse order for the best comic effect):
- Greek for the Rest of Us - book on beginning New Testament Greek by William Mounce. (Ironically, I already own this book but the computers at Amazon don't know!)
- The Cross of Christ - book by John R. W. Stott
- Masterpiece Theatre: Northanger Abbey - DVD movie adaptation of the book by Jane Austin.
- Humble Apologetics: Defending the Faith Today - book by John G. Stackhouse.
- A Little House Traveler: Writings From Laura Ingalls Wilder's Journey's Across America (Little House)
- The Prayer God Longs For - book by James Emery White
- Ryrie's Practical Guide to Communicating Bible Doctrine - book by Charles Ryrie
- Grand Theft Auto IV - XBOX 360 video game!!!! Can you believe this combination of recommendations? Ovbiously, they need to tweak their algorithms a bit. I don't see Amazon selling a lot of copies of Grand Theft Auto IV to thumpers like me.