Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Your Blog's Reading Level

Some of you have participated in the BLOG READABILITY TEST which supposedly scans your blog and assigns an appropriate reading level based on your content. You can even place code from the site into your blog that will create an automatically generated reading level graphic based on the most recent scan of your blog (I know that many of you have done it).

If you've participated in this, then you know that sometimes your blog's reading level will go up or down. (CHEATER'S HINT: Use big words in a few posts and your level will go up. This will impress your friends...or your mom...or your mom's friends.). I'm also convinced that this site is keeping track of something. No one does this type of stuff for free, but I digress.

Big Doofus Blog has not fared so well. Below are the most recent results from the Blog Readability Test. What am I doing wrong?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, honey, just keep trying and I know you'll make pre-school level.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Chris: We're also good at telling butt jokes.

Uvulapie said...

Ooops... I guess I was supposed to put this on my blog but like a man I FORGOT.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

That's ok. You can still steal it if you want. I just didn't want all of that work to go to waste.

Unknown said...

Snicker, snicker. "Amoeba"

Rebekah said...

Im so sorry. (no, thats not muffled laughter. I had to cough)

Randy Spradlin said...

Mr. Shumway,

It said mine was High School level.
I was opting for higher but I guess I'll settle with that. Maybe if I throw in some big words (like you suggested) I might do better next time around. Ha ha.

Randy

imbeingheldhostage said...

I came by way of Sniz's site. She's right, this is a funny blog and this post is hilarious! I managed High School, even though I'm bordering on potty mouthed because of words like "retard" and "fart"... oh no! I put "SEXY" on my blog today-- you suppose that's why I was moved out of amoeba status? Off to eat some scittles now-- yum.