Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mr. Velvet Ears

While watching the Reds game (i.e. Reds fiasco--they lost 15 - 3 to the Brewers) with my 15-year-old son, the announcers started talking about baseball legend Bob Ueker. Ueker is better known for his sense of humor and acting skills than for his baseball skills. They mentioned that he used to be on a very popular 1980's sitcom called Mr. Belvedere.

"Oh, yeah," I said to anyone listening in the room. "I forgot that Bob Ueker was on Mr. Belvedere."

My son, who was watching from the kitchen chimed in, "Who's Mr. Velvet Ears?"

3 comments:

Randy Spradlin said...

A real small version of the game "telephone." Well, I guess you son's comment was better than what the "Reds" were doing!

K.I. said...

I loved that show. They don't make 'em like they used to. Mr. Belvedere, Alf, Golden Girls (still watch it everyday), The Cosby Show.....man, I miss the good ol' days.

Uvulapie said...

And let's not forget Small Wonder! Man, they don't make sitcoms about robot children like they used to.