Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cake Wrecks Revisited

I'm sure that I've stated before that I'm a fan of the Cake Wrecks blog. While many of them are funny, I particularly like it when the cake decorators just don't "get it" when carrying out the wishes of the customers.

For instance, let's say that it's Jason's birthday and he means a lot to you. You call up your local cake decorator and tell him/her that you need a cake that says, "Happy Birthday, Jason" and that it's kind of a rush order. So, you tell them that there's a big tip in it for the company if it's done before 12 on the day you need it. The person who takes your message writes down something like this, "Happy Birthday Jason. Big tip if it's there before 12" and you end up with this...



That same kind of thinking gives you cakes like this...


And my personal favorite...


I've actually told my wife that I went my 40th birthday cake to say, "Happy Birthday Insert Name Here! Fireworks Explosion."

3 comments:

Randy Spradlin said...

Talk about people taking things literally! Goodness, can people really be that goofy? I guess.

Rose Starr said...

Thanks for the laugh...love this sort of stuff!
~Rose

Toni said...

I was just there a few days ago and saw these. I still laugh at Olivia's Gotcha Day cake (a celebration of the day we finalized her adoption). It read (even though I spelled it out to the confused woman on the phone)
HAPPY GOTZHA DAY!
We served matzo balls as an appetizer. ;)
Blessings,
~Toni~