Saturday, December 13, 2008

Can You Relate to This?

I thought of this while driving home from the Childrens Museum (that's right, while the rest of you are contemplating art, poetry, dinner plans, what's on your dvr, etc., I'm thinking of things like this). I saw a familiar license plate cover--one that we've all seen hundreds of times on the road, usually affixed to a giant Mercury Grand Marquis (no offense to Grand Marquis drivers):


I've had a lot of experience with the kind of folks who drive vehicles like this with this type of license plate and I thought that the following might be more appropriate:

It was an easy Photoshop edit and I'm guessing that many of you can relate. Am I right?

6 comments:

Wani said...

SERIOUSLY!! Why do old people want to talk about that stuff?!? Not that moms of babies are much better. I've had many a conversation about a kids' body function/fluids... its not pretty, but its my life.

Randy Spradlin said...

I hate the bumper plates that say "my child is an honor roll student." I so badly want to post something on my car that says, "My child beat up your honor roll kid!" But since I don't believe in license plate holders or bumper stickers that won't be happening anytime soon.

Rebekah said...

lol- if your gonna put something out there, might as well be the truth.

Unknown said...

Okay, you REALLY have way too much time on your hands...

Karen said...

So, you've met my mother, I see.

Now I've gotta send a link to this to my siblings.

Stumbled upon your blog tonight-I'm loving it.

JAM said...

My maternal grandfather was OBSESSED with his daily BM (bowel movement).

The guy was slim and muscular in his younger years, like Scott Glenn or Jan Michael Vincent, and when old, he was just plain skinny. Barely ate.

But Lord help us all if he didn't have a bowel movement on any given day.

I'll stop there; I can relate.

Plus, there's someone where I work who has a custom license plate that is "OMA OPA" for Grandma Grandpa.

Every time I see it I think these people are going to get mugged.

If you were a thief or mugger, wouldn't you hang around to see the old codger that shows up with bags full of Christmas shopping to get in their car? These folks are, to me, essentially saying, "Mug me, I'm old!"