Friday, August 10, 2007

Finally, an AFFORDABLE Rocket Belt

This morning I got my daily tech news update that I subscribe to and found out about a new Rocket Belt available from the good folks at TAM. Perhaps my favorite part of the web page is how TAM tries to steer potential customers away from those OTHER rocket belt alternatives on the market:

"Be aware of people that offer plans, parts or a rocket belt that has not flown and tested because you could be killed."
At just $250,000 you get the following:

  1. A fully-tested, custom-made flying rocket belt, (duh!)
  2. This belt has been proved to be the most stable design and easier to fly
  3. A special machine to make our own unlimited supply of rocket fuel
  4. Hands-on training in the process and the equipment
  5. Flight training of 10 flights in your own rocket belt
  6. Maintenance and setup training
  7. 24/7 expert support
  8. Housing and food are included during training
Heck, I'd pay $250,000 just to be able to make my own unlimited supply of rocket fuel. Wouldn't the guys at NASA want to get a hold of this "special machine"?

Plus, it's made in Mexico (the home of space flight), so you know it's good.

5 comments:

scott said...

Sign me up. What cinched it for me was the picture of the guy in a crash helmet in some random, suburban backyard.

Toni said...

"The home of spaceflight."

Bahahahaha! Livin' la vida loca.
Blessings,
~toni~

Uvulapie said...

Not only do I love rocketpacks but I also love leaving comments on entries right before they go into archive. That way I can confess my love of showtunes and Liberace in the safe knowledge that no one will read it.

Tech Daddy said...

Thanks for the link. I wonder if these come with a parachute as part of the safety features? I mean, what happens if you are thoroughly enraptured with the whole "the sky's the limit" thing and forget to watch the fuel indicator for a tad too long? As they say, it's not the fall that kills ya, it's the sudden stop at the end.

Tech Daddy said...

I just looked at the TAM website and see that they have reduced the price from $250,000 to $125,000. Now buzzing your neighbor's home is even more affordable.