Monday, November 24, 2008

Men's Retreat - Leap of Faith


This weekend my church hosted our annual men's retreat at Camp Allendale in Trafalgar, Indiana. Originally we started attending a retreat like this many years ago as guests of Zionsville Fellowship Church. However, we grew our attendance enough that we were encouraged (ok, we were FORCED--but in a good way) to start our own retreat. For the past three or four years now we've been hosting the Hendricks County Men's Retreat with our brothers from Calvary Chapel Church and Hendricks Community Bible Church. This retreat also includes our brothers from Cornerstone Church of the Living God in Indianapolis.

This is an event that I look forward to every year. We've been blessed with men who are humble and who desire to grow in their walk with Christ. I could go on and on about how blessed I was to be a part of it (and I was) but instead I'm going to show you the video from the zip line. Camp Allendale has a 70 foot tall by 850 foot long zip line on their property. They call it the "Leap of Faith." We didn't get a chance to try it last year, but this year we had 33 men signed up to make the leap--including me. What you are about to see is my second run on the zip line. I took off about a second after everyone else and shot video from my digital camera. Enjoy!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! That looks like more fun than a fireworks explosion!

Toni said...

And that's my husband, bottom center in the photo. I am sooo glad he got to attend and it was very satisfying to me to consider a group of Christian men who came together in faith and fellowship for retreat. The video is AWESOME (I will not covet, I will not covet). Thanks, Big Doofus, for filming on the line.
Blessings,
~Toni~

scott said...

It would have been cooler if everyone would have landed in a pool of man-eating sharks at the end.

Wani said...

I think you guys' retreat looks way more fun than the women's!! jk.... but seriously.

Hunny Bee said...

That looks like so much fun. My friends had a small one in their backyard when I was a kid. We loved going to their house. We thought they were the coolest family ever.

Tech Daddy said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Oh fun!!! I did a zip line one time down a mountain side - screamed the whole way down with my eyes closed! Scared the bejeezes out of me!!! LOL