Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Something Unexpected Happened

Usually I reserve this blog for important updates on the random silliness that I see in the world around me. However, today I wish to reflect on something a little more important and personal. Enjoy (or, stop reading--whatever works for you).

You may have figured out that I have three children. Just yesterday I was sitting in the living room looking out at our modest little backyard that sits in front of a giant cornfield (yes, I live in Indiana). There were my two "little" girls, ages 11 and 13, jumping and playing on the trampoline. You could tell by the looks on their faces that not only were they having fun...they love each other and enjoy one another's company. Yet, these two are SO different. Bird (13) is sporty and spunky with tomboy tendencies. She wants to be a fashion designer. Snip (11 1/2) is the girly-girl ballerina who wants to nurture everyone and start being a mother today. It seems like just a year ago they were getting on each others nerves, picking at each other and not wanting to do things together. It honestly brings tears to my eyes to see them together. God has blessed me with two lovely daughters and the blessing seems doubled when I see them together.

2 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

What a special post. It's one of those that just warms the heart.

Wani said...

aw... I want a girl!! ;-)